Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday 11 August 2011

Hopeful

So today was my uncles funeral. I was very sad when I woke up and during the service could not stop crying however as soon as it was over I felt fine. It's like I got closure on the whole thing and could just get on with normal life. I almost feel guilty for not being upset any more like so many of my relatives but I just don't. I've started to see things objectively and I'm now concentrating on what I can learn from his early death. You see my uncle was obese, morbidly obese I reckon, and his life was massively affected by this. He had to have heart bi-passes and he suffered with diabetes. He died because his heart just lost the battle or perhaps gave up as it was clearly fighting a battle it knew it couldn't win. My uncle did nothing for his health, you'd think diabetes would be enough of a warning to change your ways but not for him, he continued eating and drinking all the crap artery clogging stuff because he enjoyed his lifestyle. He was very sociable and enjoyed drinking with his friends and he simply did not want to give this life up even though he was literally killing himself.

This will not happen to me.
I love food, I binge on it for gods sake but it wont kill me.
I wont let it.
This is the wake up call I have needed for a very long time.

I'm starting my life over tomorrow. I'm going to get up at a decent time not lay in bed till noon. I'm going to regularly partake in some form of exercise and not be a lazy pig any more. I'm going to stop pissing around with all the BAD food like chocolate, crisps (chips to my american friends) and greasy take-aways and substitute healthy foods like fruit, veg and fresh meat. I'm quite literally going to flip everything on its head because every aspect of my life can do with some improvement. If I feel myself slipping back to old habits I will remind myself of my uncle, go visit his grave, remember his eating habits and where they got him. I cant piss about any more. The time is now. I don't want to be six feet under at an early age because food got the better of me, NO WAY. Its time to grow up, stop acting like a child and sort my life out!

Wow, I know many of you have probably read this kind of thing over and over and its never come to anything, heavens I've even pledged this sort of thing before. However, something's different this time. Normally when I say this kind of thing I don't actually believe it myself, I know its just words, but this time I actually mean it. I want to like myself and this is the way to achieve that. Today I have lived the life of somebody who lived the life I now live (that was a mouthful!). I've seen the consequence of my actions. Continuing down this road could potentially mean I'm halfway through my life. No way. I wont let that happen.

xxxxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. About the last two paragraphs - yeah, I've said that over and over and sometimes I didn't really mean it. And you can tell when it's different, you can tell when you mean it. I'm glad you have some closure from the loss of your uncle. It's soo terrible to lose someone you love. I hope you're being careful with yourself. Be well. Hugs and kisses from California.
    - Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry again about your uncle honey, but I'm glad that it was a wake up call for you. So many people just go through their lives carelessly eating, and eating, and eating, not minding what it's doing to their health. I sincerely hope that this really did get through your brain and that you will make the change, because I don't want to see you go early either. *hugs* Best of luck sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you're feeling so much more positive about everything. I'm sorry about your uncle but I'm sure that he'd be proud that you've decided to take the healthy road. We're all here to support you. I wish you all the best,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your Uncle once again but I think he would be happy that his death has helped you in a way. It sounds like you really mean to change your eating habits and that takes a lot of bravery to decide to make that kind of change. I'm here if you ever need support or help as I have been fighting my weight for a very long time. I was once 226lbs so I know how it feels. Good luck darling. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry about you uncle! When I was on my grandfathers funeral I couldn't stop crying either but I think it's just normal. It's kinda final goodbye to person you loved!
    Don't ever let food destroy you life in any way! I'm sure you can stick to all your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, hope you're doing okay. I hope you have adequate support for this difficult time. Let me know if you need anything and I can help!
    xoxo, Christina

    ReplyDelete