Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 8 August 2011

Re-run

Thanks guys for all the support on my last post, its really encouraging to know you're all behind me. However, I'm very sad and disappointed to tell you that yesterday was a fail :(

I wish I could just hide away from everyone until I've lost all this weight and come out skinny. Yesterday I was struggling with the fast but I was adamant that I was going to stick it out. Then my friend came round around at lunch time and didn't leave till about 11.30pm (she has a habit of doing that). I'd told her I'd just had an early lunch so that was fine but because she stayed so long she started hassling me about eating dinner. Embarrassingly she actually heard my tummy rumbling too! I tried to make out that I wasn't feeling well and the noises were stomach cramps but she didn't believe me. She just carried on and on and on and I cracked. I couldn't deal with the persistent questioning.

I love my friend I really do but sometimes I feel that she gets some sort of comfort from me being her FAT friend. She's about 5'7" and weighs somewhere in the 130s. She's said many a time that she's not happy with her weight and she's actually had liposuction on her legs a few years back so she obviously has her own issues. Even when I've tried the healthy eating thing she's sabotaged my efforts by bringing McDonalds round to my house. I wish you can tell people in the real world that you're doing a water fast and they wouldn't look at you like you've just decided to commit suicide! I've done a lot of research on water fasts and they are even doctor recommended in some cases. I'm not an idiot, I know my body and it's capabilities.

So new plan of action. I'm starting again today and this time I'm going to plan it out. I'm going to make sure I make myself unavailable to anyone around mealtimes. If my friend just shows up unannounced and its close to a mealtime then I'll ignore her. When she texts I'll say I'm out with a friend having lunch! Even if she camps outside till I get back (believe me she's done this on more than one occasion) then I'll simply leave through my back door and walk around to the front. If she brings me food I'll grow some balls and tell her NO! I don't want that food, I'm eating healthy food now or something like that. I wont be held captive in this horrible blubber by her. Oh and I'll kick her out too if it gets too late, I'm going to need early nights whilst fasting, yesterday my energy was crazy low and I struggled just walking to town. 

So welcome to day one... again!

Keep safe everybody xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Friends and food tend to come hand in hand unfortunately. Good luck on the new plan. I've had to start again too due to family issues. We'll get through it though :)

    Keep strong!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! She doesn't sound like a real friend at all. A real friend wouldn't try and sabotage your weight loss just to make herself feel better. Reading that actually irritated me a lot. Who brings McDonald's to someone's house when they're trying to eat healthier? Urgh. I'm glad I don't know her, because I know my patience would snap quickly and she would get a firm telling off. I hope you stick with what you said you're going to do. Don't let anyone push you around chica. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete