Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday 7 August 2011

219.8

Yay! I have so much to say...

Firstly I'm so happy that I've finally met my first goal of 220! It gives you such a boost to meet a target that you've set yourself doesn't it :) Plus this now means I've lost my 1st 10 pounds as well which is obviously the first of many but its still awesome!

Secondly thanks to the inspirational blog of crashxDburn I've decided that I'm going to start my very own water fast today. I started yesterday by easing myself into it with a juice fast and I still had my caffeinated drinks too but today will be all water. I was surprised by how easily I managed it yesterday so I'm hoping this will continue. I'm not sure how long I want to fast for but I feel it will be beneficial to at least continue through till my uncles funeral on Thursday, detox my body in preparation for how hard that day will be.

I went to a wedding do last night and I was so proud of myself. They had a buffet set out that spanned the distance of about six tables, it was quite a spread I tell you. There was chicken curry, rice, sausage rolls, potato wedges, crisps, sandwiches, roast potatoes, you name it they had it and I didn't eat any of it, not a thing :) It smelled delicious and everyone at my table had platefuls, they kept asking me over and over if I wanted anything but I just kept my story that I'd had a big dinner before I came out. I know its bad to say but I felt kind of superior and very smug sitting there watching them stuff their faces knowing that I'm shrinking as they're getting bigger. I feel so strong at the minute, I didn't even know I had it in me!

Feeling hopeful that I will feel the health benefits from this fast as I've abused my body recently with a lot a crap food and drink. I'm going to quite the ciggs too if I can whilst doing this, I want to be pure, just water, nothing else (apart from toothpaste and mouthwash!)

I hope everyones ok xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's so encouraging to see that loss.

    I hope the water fast goes well. The health benefits are amazing from what I hear. It should do you the world of good.
    I'm also very impressed by your self control at the buffet. You should be proud.

    Keep strong!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Today is much much harder than yesterday, still going strong for the minute though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm so glad that we can support each other. It's awesome to find you! I'm always glad to find a blog of someone who's around my height, but someone who's also past the age of 18 - that's pretty effing sweet.

    I'm so sorry for your loss. Be careful with yourself while fasting before the funeral. Remember to sit down and not lock your knees when standing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job girly!!! SOOO proud of you :) That is such a great accomplishment! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWW!!! *big hugs* I'm so glad I inspired you :) I think you will love the way your body changes during the fast. It's totally worth any temporary discomfort. I personally didn't experience a lot of hunger or anything, but I hear horror stories about the hunger pains. Maybe I'm just lucky? Hopefully you won't have it bad either.

    I can tell you that you're going to be very low on energy in the first five days, though, so be really careful you don't strain yourself. Try not to strain yourself by standing too long or lifting heavy objects. Exercise is out of the question. I don't want you to hurt yourself, that would make me really sad. I'm sorry about your uncle hun. I lost mine last year, so I can empathize. :/

    It's definitely a good idea to give up the cigarettes if you're wanting the cleansing effects of the fast as well. Also no chewing gum or anything else if you're doing a water fast. The act of chewing could fool your digestive system into thinking you're eating and it might switch back out of ketosis. You really don't want that to happen.

    Distilled water is the best. I buy the gallon jugs from Walmart because they're super cheap, but you could also just buy a water filter system. Those aren't very expensive either and you can use them over, and over, and over...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and CONGRATS on meeting your first goal! *claps* Keep up the excellent work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats awesome! i love that superior feeling too! keep up the good work it definately pays off in the end!<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done for meeting your first goal! i'm sure it'll be no time at all before you reach you're next one :) xx

    ReplyDelete